Garage Door Installers and Technicians
About the Position
Come work for the #1 Garage Door Company in Utah County. Lowry Doors is looking for Garage Door Installers and Technicians to join our family! This is a great opportunity to learn a skill and establish your career. The Lowry Doors team, installs and repairs Garage Doors and Openers for both Residential and Commercial customers. We work on existing structures as well as new construction. At Lowry Doors there is plenty of opportunity for upward advancement. When we say we want career minded individuals, we mean it! We have several opportunities for lead techs, trainers, and supervisor positions.
• Must be able to lift 100 lbs
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, bending, squatting.
• Valid Driver’s License and the ability to qualify for our vehicle insurance
• Able to work independently with little to no supervision
• Training $14/hour (more with Garage Door Install or Repair Experience)
• After training the average installer makes an average of $18-$30 per hour through piece rate.
• Monday – Friday 8-5, but may vary slightly based on work load.
• Weekends are not required, but Saturday work is available if you’d like the extra work (and pay!)
• Installers do not work Sundays or major holidays
Technicians start each day at our main office located at 782 N. State Street in Orem, Utah
From there you will be dispatched daily to various job sites up and down the Wasatch Front. Work trucks are provided.
401K and Paid Vacation after 1 year
We currently have a company health insurance plan at this time. For employees that need insurance we do have an insurance agent that we work closely with who can help you select a plan that is best for you and your family.
Job Type: Full-time
About Lowry Doors and this Opportunity
At Lowry Doors there is plenty of opportunity for upward advancement. When we say we want career minded individuals, we mean it! We have several opportunities for lead techs, trainers, and supervisor positions.
Lowry Doors was founded in 1950 and we are one of the first garage door companies in the state of Utah. Almost 70 years of business has led to some amazing partnerships and we work the best and brightest. In addition to a loyal customer base, we are the subcontractors for some of the nation’s biggest home builders and big box stores.
We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity. This company was founded during an era when business was conducted on a handshake and your word. Today, it is just as important as ever. Our technicians educate and serve; you will never be expected to participate in high pressure sales.
Lowry Doors is a family owned and family oriented company. As a smaller company the doors and ears of our owners and upper management are always open. Management encourages feedback and new ideas.
To apply for this position please send an email to email@example.com or bring a resume to our main office at 782 N. State St.